New Website Now Online!

Undeadgoathead.com is now online, featuring my full archive of articles as well as new reviews and other features!

Monday, March 12, 2012

Datz Not Metulz!

15 minutes ago... March 12, 2012 at 11:45 am... I made the most bogus discovery that Fields Of Elysium has lost their phenomenal drummer due to "Creative differences." I'm no artist, so I'm tempted to say that aesthitic integrity can suck it as long as my favorite bands remain intact. However, I also understand that real life doesn't work that way, and sometimes creativity causes adversity. It's been a good run, and considering the fact that these fuckers have been together since they were 13 years old, I'm impressed that they survived for so long. But, alas, even the good times can't be forever.

I find relief by visualizing some cosmic demon stamping expiration dates on everything I love. And yet, even silly satanic imagery is an insufficient coping mechanism. I went to high school with these fools. I've seen each concert that was legal for me to actually attend (bars don't count.) Over the years, I have become very invested in this band, so a travesty such as this hits with the force of a splitting atom. I love these dudes to death, not only as musicians but as people, so I wish them all the best of luck with their future endeavors. Moving on with life is such a bittersweet necessity, and I guess a change for the better was a long time coming.

...Still, this is FUCKING BOGUS.

No comments:

Post a Comment